Friday, July 30, 2010

Olympic National Park

And it's Olympic National Park. And the Olympic Peninsula. Not Olympia as I had earlier stated. Confusing! We'll go there next week.

Anyway, in a dusty old second-hand bookstore in Port Townsend, I picked up a copy of "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves", a very funny book about grammar. As one who loves to read and write, I am very fussy about words and am one of those people who can't resist fixing the errors in a book or newspaper (don't even get me started on the lack of editorial expertise in newspapers these days). But I am not at all expert with punctuation. Mostly it's because I don't really know where things like end-quote marks go - before or after the period? So now I'll learn. Spelling? Not so much. God (or was it Al Gore?) invented spell-check just for me. In case you didn't know, the individual eating, shooting, and leaving is a Panda. Think about it.

Followers